For more than 60 years, NAUI has been committed to the environment and encouraging members to support and preserve the planet.
Our sustainability initiatives focus on partnering with conservation minded companies, eliminate waste within our operations, and change the way we create products and services to be a better advocate for our divers.
NAUI in Action
- Superbowl Legacy Reef Project
- Partnering alongside Force Blue, Pepsi, NFL Green and many other organizations.
- Together with scientists from the University of Miami’s Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, harvested and transplanted 100 staghorn corals on to a section of reef in Biscayne Bay, Florida.
- Force Blue also kicked off 100 Yards of Hope at Super Bowl LIV. Check it out here.
- We are continuing to work alongside Pepsi Stronger Together and help promote their Coastal Conservation Ops Summer Tour. Check out the tour schedule.
Steps to Sustainability
- The newest update to the NAUI App V3, features all your digital certification cards, specialized NAUI tools based on your certification, and many more features to get you quick NAUI news and updates. Download for Apple or Google Play
- We have partnered with StepChangeTM Clothing to offer sustainable NAUI clothing. Apparel created with comfortable fabrics that repurposed recycled bottles. Launching end of Summer 2021.
- Along with our apparel upgrade we are introducing Recycled Certification Cards. Go digital with your card or trade-in your current plastic certification card and get an eco-friendly card. The trade-in program is set to launch end of summer 2021.
There are many NAUI Groups and members working to make this planet a safer and more sustainable place. Our promise is to continue to focus on nature, waste production and strengthen our commitment to encouraging members to support and preserve this planet.