It is with great excitement that we announce the National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) will be attending the Boston Sea Rovers 70th International Ocean Symposium. In addition, we have a special educational opportunity for attendees: the NAUI Recreational Equipment Configuration (NREC) course, reinforcing our commitment to Dive Safety Through Education.
What is the Boston Sea Rovers International Ocean Symposium?
The Boston Sea Rovers International Ocean Symposium is an annual event that brings together ocean enthusiasts, experts, and conservationists from around the globe. It’s a platform where the latest in underwater activities, technology, and marine conservation are showcased. For more information on the event or to buy your ticket today, visit: Boston Sea Rovers 70th Ocean Expo.
Don’t Miss Out: Get your tickets for the NREC Workshop TODAY!
NAUI will be hosting an NREC Workshop at the symposium! Learn how to dive or instruct recreational divers by taking part in the popular instructor-specified specialty (ISS) NREC Recognition course. This course will teach divers the skills and knowledge needed to gain experience and minimize risks while using NREC. NREC is based on the NAUI Technical Equipment Configuration (NTEC) concept adapted for a single cylinder along with water skills that will streamline the diver and teach a methodology that will reduce the learning curve should the progress toward earning technical certifications.
- Schedule: Join us in-person on Saturday from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm, and dive into the in-water session on Sunday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore, located at 50 Ferncroft Road, Danver, Massachusetts.
- Required Equipment: Participants must supply their own Single Tank, Back Plate, Single Tank Wing, Regulator Setup with a long hose, along with your Wetsuit or Drysuit, proper weighting, Mask, and Fins.
- Expert Instruction: Under the guidance of NAUI Course Director and Technical Instructor Examiner, Heison Chak (#59648), you’ll explore the popular NREC Recognition course and the robust theory it’s built upon.
- Enhanced Techniques: The workshop focuses on honing buoyancy and streamlining with new skills adapted for a single cylinder backplate and wing configuration, making it ideal for those who wish to elevate their diving technique.
For more information and to register for the NREC course, sign up here.
Together, let’s continue to explore, protect, and enjoy the wondrous world beneath the waves as safely as possible!